*-The Lionheart Guild of Spiral Knights-*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Screwtape Dialogs

3 posters

Go down

The Screwtape Dialogs  Empty The Screwtape Dialogs

Post  Mawashimono Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:37 am

(In the early days of the game)

Devilite OverLord (DO): Blast these Spiral Knights! Their arrival here has ruined everything.

Devilite Department Head (DDH): Yes, they are causing a considerable disruption to our progress. Their willingness to cooperate and join together wile launching forays into our offices is distressing.

DO: We need to create some kind of diversion that will put a stop to this ASAP. Something that will create mayhem within the enemy camp.

DDH: I’ll form a committee to get right on it, Sir.

(About a month later)

DDH: With the help of the Gremlins and that devious Seerus, we think we’ve come up with something.

DO: Ah, Seerus, Good chap, always love his Halloween parties.

DDH: Yes, well, they’ve created a nice blueprint for a bombing game that pits knights against one another.

DO: Sounds promising, Go on.

DDH: We’ll give them a stadium where they can run around a little maze and blow one another up in lieu of actually fighting side by side against us. As a bonus, they won’t be gathering any minerals, crowns, or energy either.

DO: Yes, I like it. Eh, you don’t suppose you could build some seats for us to actually watch them do it, could you? Heh heh heh…

DDH: I’ll see what I can do.

(Sometime after the Blast Network has been set up)

DO: Well, let’s hear your report on the bombing mini-game.

DDH: Hmm, it’s not having quite the effect we hoped for. Not many of them are playing it. Seem it’s a little to, well, comical, and doesn’t quite satisfy their blood thirst that a good sword thrust provides.

DO: Well, then we need to give them a game that allows them to kill each other more directly, something that will stir up enmity and hard feelings within their own ranks and create a toxic environment that will drive them out of the clockworks and hopefully off the world forever.

DDH: Hmm, there is a childhood game of theirs that we could corrupt. It’s not violent, but it is competitive and we could add the visceral excitement of stabbing and shooting and bombing one another.

DO: Fine, and be sure to give them some stats they can measure to spark their competitiveness and dampen cooperation. Oh, and create some kind of leaderboard or something that will feed their egos, hee hee hee.

DDH: Very good, Sir. We’ll get right on it.

(Sometime after Lockdown was added to the game)

DO: Well, how’s that new mini-game been working? I’ve noticed a considerable reduction in their assaults on our daily operations. And our Dark Cities are practically enemy-free.

DDH: Oh, yes, Sir (cackles gleefully). This new diversion we’ve created has far exceeded our expectations in terms of the negative affect it is having on the attitude and behavior of knights toward one another.

DO: Wonderful. Tell me more.

DHH: Well, they’ve almost completely abandoned weapons that are designed to be used against us, and instead have begun to focus on unbalanced speed and spam weapons to use against one another.

DO: Unbalanced you say?

DDH: Oh, yes. We thought we create some imbalances in the game to further frustrate and enrage them. Ah, the sweet aroma of rage-quits wafts sweetly thru the arena air.

DO: Excellent, excellent. That Krogmo fellow has set up quite a shrewd reward system as well.

DDH: Oh, yes, and the leaderboards have created quite the obsession among some of them. Their arrogance and callousness towards one another has reached all-time highs!

DO: Ha, ha, ha. Soon we won’t be the only fiends living on this world.
[/color]

Last edited by Mawashimono on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:13 am; edited 5 times in total
Mawashimono
Mawashimono
45000 Prestige Points
45000 Prestige Points

https://www.facebook.com/mawa.shimono.3

Back to top Go down

The Screwtape Dialogs  Empty Re: The Screwtape Dialogs

Post  GrugWasApirate Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:09 pm

The Screwtape Dialogs  Water

GrugWasApirate
10000 prestige points
10000 prestige points

Back to top Go down

The Screwtape Dialogs  Empty I reformatted it to make it easier to read.

Post  Mawashimono Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 am

This is the mini-fiction I entered in Tevokkia's contest.
Mawashimono
Mawashimono
45000 Prestige Points
45000 Prestige Points

https://www.facebook.com/mawa.shimono.3

Back to top Go down

The Screwtape Dialogs  Empty XD

Post  Infernus-Dragneel Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm

DDH: Oh, yes, and the leaderboards have created quite the obsession among some of them. Their arrogance and callousness towards one another has reached all-time highs!

stop.... making me laugh XD
this is great! fabricated yet seems realistic!

keep up the great work! We HaZ need more of this! Very Happy
Infernus-Dragneel
Infernus-Dragneel

Back to top Go down

The Screwtape Dialogs  Empty Re: The Screwtape Dialogs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum