*-The Lionheart Guild of Spiral Knights-*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible

5 posters

Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty How to become a Pro as quickly as possible

Post  Mawashimono Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

1) Buy some Crystal Energy with cash, preferably during a promotional event. Then create a second account. Both your free account and your paid accounts will 100 mist every 22 hours (1 ME every 13 minutes). That’s an extra 8,000 crowns worth of energy every day for free.

2) Do the Rank missions. You get valuable rewards, practice, and knowledge of the game.

3) Acquire the proper long-term gear. You’ll have 5* gear eventually, so get the best 2* gear that can be crafted up to 5*. For a helmet and armor, you’ll want wolver to craft up to Skolver and Vog. Later get an angelic gear for shadow defense. Get and owlite shield and the shield bought with tokens earned from beating the Snarbolax Tier 1 Boss. Get a brandish sword and an autogun. Later get the Antigua gun from Jelly King tokens and the Pulsar from Roarmulous Twins tokens.

4) Join a guild. Be respectful and appreciative of whatever help they give you.
Mawashimono
Mawashimono
45000 Prestige Points
45000 Prestige Points

https://www.facebook.com/mawa.shimono.3

Back to top Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty How I became pro

Post  GrugWasApirate Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 pm

1. acquire polaris

2. acquire new dance moves

3. gamble

4. maybe join a guild for free boosts for vana, recipes and such. ranked missions are a scam i tells ya, terrible payouts and inefficient use of mist.

GrugWasApirate
10000 prestige points
10000 prestige points

Back to top Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty wow...

Post  Infernus-Dragneel Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 am

2. acquire new dance moves

dancing changes life, it really does
Infernus-Dragneel
Infernus-Dragneel

Back to top Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty Supr's Awesome Post Incoming.

Post  SuprvoO Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I have to disagree with Mawa the Great on this one.
As a first point, Mawa the Bountiful mentioned buying CE or a promo pack with real money. Although it is certainly a fast way of getting gear and items you might lack at this time, you will not necessarily become pro because you have higher level gear. Although it might help.

Observe
The way to become better at this game is funnily enough to just play it. If you play with people who know what they are doing, and this guild has plenty, and observe what they do and don't do you make a great step in the right direction.

Questions
Also don't be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of the high level players, including me, take some stuff for granted. Whether it is because they have played so long or they think you know the stuff, it doesn't matter. But you can't be expected to know everything about every subject in the game. Asking the right question can be more helpful than three or four hours bashing your head into a wall or in this case, spending all your mist on one fiend level.

Budget
Manage your budget. I have never bought any Crystal Energy or any packs with real money. And I only traded some other game currency after I had acquired my first 5* set. In my opinion, earning everything through hard work has a better feeling to it than just buying it. And to do so, you have to manage your budget. Find ways to earn crowns, and most importantly: Don't spend.

Small ways to improve your budget handling are the following:

Only run depths or stratums where you earn more than you put in. Most depths from 1-8 are not profitable. If you pay 10 energy to enter, which I quantify at 700 crowns with the CE prices, and you make less, it means you lost money while playing. It doesn't have the power to keep you going. And continuity is where it's at.

If you do recipe runs (which is going to basil at depth 13 or 23 and look for recipes to resell on the Auction House) try using the Party Finder to join a party rather that start your own. You need to have joined the party two floors before the terminal to be able to buy recipes there. If you join at Depth 11 or Depth 21 either from a guildmate or patiently using the party finder, you can shave off 20 energy you didn't have to pay. Since most floors in Tier 2 are not profitable when run on pure crystal energy, this strategy will help you recover if Basil is in his trolly mood.

If you join in on parties in the Arcade, you pay crowns to acces tier 2 or Tier 3. If you complete the tier before the tier you are accessing in the same gate, you don't however. I consider Mist Energy a free resource, so I use ME to clear gates so I can maximise profits when recipe running.

Any other budget handling tips will be for another time, I plan on making a small post on here where I go into detail about how I play this game purely F2P, but I lack the time at the moment to even make up a rough draft.

TL;DR

Don't spend unless it's on something that makes your play better.
Ask alot of questions.
See what others do.

Rinse and Repeat

Last edited by SuprvoO on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the TL;DR)
SuprvoO
SuprvoO

Back to top Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty Re: How to become a Pro as quickly as possible

Post  Shinigami Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Main advice:
Practice.
When you fight monsters, pay attention. Try to time your attacks so they hit your shield or you hit them and interrupt them before they hit you. The less damage you take, the better.

If you're good at shield bumping, get Swiftstrike buckler. This 3* shield is cheap to make (only 200 energy, 100 can be mist energy), and it gives "High" speed bonus to EVERY weapon, be it sword or gun, you use. Its quite weak for a shield, but tier 1 and tier 2 can be completed with it (as long as you rely on dodging rather than shielding).

Long-term gear:
3 wolver sets, to be upgraded into:
1 - skolver
2 - vog
3 - snarbolax
For snarbolax try to get parts with Fire resistance, it will really help in FSC. Personally I feel great in Skolver in FSC, other people prefer Vog for fire resistance, and its generally a good idea, I just like skolver in general afro
As for Angelic - I disagree. I believe Divine set will do a better job than Angelic. If you try to do FSC in Angelic, you'll burn. Get on fire once and its game-over. It has fire vulnerability, and its almost guaranteed that you'll get on fire in FSC. When I came to FSC, I used Armor of the Fallen (yes, one with damage penalty vs fiends, trojans were a nightmare to me).
When you're finally able to upgrade to Snarbolax, FSC will suddenly become much easier (making snarby set is EXPENSIVE, so try to get at least fire med resistances for those pieces, high or max would be best).

Buying energy with $$: personally I took "starter pack" - a great amount of bonuses comes bundled. It was a good deal, IMO. I got to 4* straight away. Ever since Elevator pass was introduced, I only played with it. It really helps you enjoy the game without thinking about elevator costs - play as long as you like! Repeat as many levels as you like! Its your game! You died? No problem! Feel free to try again! Without spending energy on reviving, and saving energy for crafting.

As for brandish: while by itself its a good weapon (any of them, elemental ones are good for most of the game, shadow line is good vs gremlins and jellies), I generally prefer DA - divine avenger. Its charged attack is good at pushing away enemies, clearing the path and keeping them at a distance. And when I am soloing FSC, it also kills all zombies with 1 charged attack (sometimes several zombies with 1 swing). Wonderful weapon!

My general combination of weapons: sword + gun. Usually, though, I have 4 weapons and 2 trinkets. My favorite combinations:
Jelly King
skolver armor set + BTS (barbarous thorn shield) or Swiftstrike Buckler (SB) + DA/Levi/Nova/Shiver + SA + SA
Roarmulus Twins
vog armor set + BTS or SB + DA/Levi/Nova/Shiver + SD + SD
Vanaduke
Snarbo set + BTS + DA/Levi/Polaris/Shiver + SA + SA
Snarbo set + SB + DA/Levi/Blitz/Shiver + SD + GD

SD - sword damage trinket
SA - sword attack speed trinket
GD - gun damage trinket

After I tried playing with trinkets and 4 weapons, I have been using them all time. For JK I generally need 2 weapons (levi + nova), for roarmulus twins - same, but having DA as extra helps (having only elemental damage to fight gremlins is a BAD idea).

And remember:
UVs, trinkets, weapon slots and proper armor only make part of the story. Its the skills that matter. If you feel like getting killed all over the place, try paying more attention to the way you move and timing your attacks. This game (not PvP, at least) is all about proper timing and distance.
Lags: if you're getting a lot, check what server you're playing on. If you're geographically closer to EU server, force it in settings. To make sure you play on EU servers, start a party yourself. Party starter is the one who decides what server you're going to use.

PS: Triglav and other exotics may be popular amongst oldies who had their fun with "standard" gear and want something extra-ordinary. For starters, get to know your calibur, its extremely powerful weapon.

Hopefully, you'll find this information useful Smile

Shinigami

Back to top Go down

How to become a Pro as quickly as possible Empty Re: How to become a Pro as quickly as possible

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum