*-The Lionheart Guild of Spiral Knights-*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Jelly Palace

2 posters

Go down

I do Royal Jelly Runs for

Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_lcap41%Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_lcap47%Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_lcap12%Royal Jelly Palace I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Royal Jelly Palace Empty Royal Jelly Palace

Post  VolcanopeSK Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 am

Royal Jelly Palace 32px-Gate-Royal_Jelly_Palace Royal Jelly Palace Guide Royal Jelly Palace 32px-Gate-Battle_Royale
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Description :
The Royal Jelly Palace is an ancient castle overtaken by the Slime Family.
It is unclear what purpose the castle serves, though it is rumored to be the house of a Royal Jelly.

Levels :
Royal Jelly Palace 32px-Gate-Royal_Jelly_Palace Garden Of Goo
Royal Jelly Palace Garden_of_Goo
Monsters:
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Jelly Cube
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Royal Mini
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Impostocube
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Super Blast Cube
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Construct Lumber
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Construct Gun Puppy
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Fiend Silkwing

Royal Jelly Palace 32px-Gate-Royal_Jelly_Palace Red Carpet Runaround
Royal Jelly Palace Red_Carpet_Runaround
Monsters :
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Jelly Green Mini
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Super Blast Cube
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Ultra Blast Cube
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Lichen
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Lichen Colony
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Giant Lichen Colony
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Construct Lumber
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Construct Gun Puppy
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Fiend Silkwing

Royal Jelly Palace 32px-Gate-Battle_Royale Battle Royale [Boss]
Royal Jelly Palace Battle_Royale
Monsters :
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Royal Jelly
Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Gate_Icon-Slime Royal Polyp
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Royal Jelly [Jelly King|Boss]
Location Found : Royal Jelly Palace: Battle Royale|Mission 5-2 The Sovereign Slime
Abilities : Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Attack_normal_icon Tackle Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Attack_normal_icon Repel Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Attack_normal_icon Spin [Phase 2] Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Heart_icon Absorb Royal Mini
Weakness & Resistance : Royal Jelly Palace 16px- Attack_shadow_icon Shadow Damage | Royal Jelly Palace 16px-Attack_piercing_icon Piercing Damage
Drops : [color/] Royal Jelly Palace 36px-Token-Jelly_Gem Jelly Gem 1 - 4
More Info In Future [No Space To Write Much]
Tips And Strategy :
Weapons - Brandish Series|Tech Alchemer Series/Elemental & Shadow Typed Weapons
Armor & Shield - Wolver Series|Jelly Series|Defender Series/Piercing Defense Typed Armor & Shield
The best strategy here is to lure the jellies and silkwings away from the lumbers and defeat them first to save a great deal of time and health. Destroy the lumbers, then any gun puppies - they are the last targets as they are most vulnerable.
Avoid Royal Minis, do not lose hearts by them, its a waste!
Lumbers deal a high load of damage, have a teammate to distract it and attack from its back! [Guns Are Useful For This]
Kill the Lichens quickly before they combine into the Giant Lichen Colony! It does tons more of damage and has a lot of health!
If you have 3 Weapon Slots, bring a Piercing Weapon to take down the Silkwings quick before they heal all the other monsters till full heath again!
Gun Puppies can be annoying, use a gun or go near it and sword & shield so that you won't get damaged!
Shadow Pic May Not Be Working, Sorry For That
-VolcanopeSK-
VolcanopeSK
VolcanopeSK

Back to top Go down

Royal Jelly Palace Empty Re: Royal Jelly Palace

Post  Shinigami Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Side note on damage (skip if you know about interrupting attacks):
Damage bonus helps - it can help you interrupt enemy attacks.
Check our guild training room to see how much damage you need to do to a training block to make it move. This is same amount of damage you need to make to interrupt a monster's attack. 2-3 swings - good, more than that - consider upgrading your setup. If you can't interrupt enemy in 3 swings or less, you will chase them into a corner and they will kill you there.
Jellies are weak to shadow damage, so either switch to nightblade/silent nightblade/acheron, or just upgrade your "normal" damage weapon, or just get gear with sword damage bonus (if you're using a sword as primary weapon).

Weapon recommendation for Jelly King mission:
1 sword, nightblade/tempered calibur.
1 gun, any gun you're comfortable with, as long as its not piercing damage.
Bonus: freeze/stun bomb, this helps a LOT if you know how to use it and are having trouble with jellies.
Bonus: shadow bomb (operation crimson hammer expansion) - helps a lot in certain situations, but you should be fine without it.

My strategy, which I've used since 2* equipment:
Calibur, charge, wait for jellies to gather in groups, jump in and release charge. And try to avoid being hit by a lumber in the middle of charge.
Works on most jellies, works wonders on Jelly King. My favorite weapon, my favorite attack, my favorite boss and my favorite levels. Before I switched to vananuking Razz
Calibur works great here. Wolver (skolver) works even better. Shadow weapons... before brandish line got an upgrade, it wasn't good at all - GF doesn't do much more compared to calibur and charge always works better (especially in a corner - up to 3 hits on same enemy, most jellies die from 1 charge if you solo or duo - team of 1 or team of 2). Now, I believe Acheron will rule over calibur for most situations, but never tried it myself. Just recently got a proper acheron, still heating the beauty.

Lumber strategy, simple one: run around in front of it. Clockwise or counter-clockwise, till it starts its swing. If done correctly, it will never hit you and give you enough time to kill it or do significant damage.

General strategy for levels:
Level 1.
Room 1 - hit rock blocks till you find a switch inside one of them (random block, just hit once).
Room 2 - when you approach each side, a bunch of enemies pops up. I usually have my levi (calibur) charged and when they appear, I just release my charge to throw them around the room. If you're weak and have a gun, have them move to an explosive block and shoot it. It does good damage to jellies. Otherwise just chase them into a corner and chop chop chop.
Room 2, left side: bunch of spikes. You can safely run over 2 blocks of spikes in a row if you start right after they lower, 3 if you time it right. When you reach the other side and hit the ghost block, the entire room opens up and you'll see spike tiles in chessboard style appearing from lower to higher parts of room. To avoid being chased into a corner, just time your movement to be able to run on just lowered spikes beneath you. Do not move upwards unless neccessary, if you move to the top, you'll be trapped. How to kill monsters easily - try to lure them back to the middle of the room (the middle part without spikes).
Room 2, right side: beware, some gun puppies here. To make enemies appear, hit the glass/crystal block in the middle of the room. I do it this way: hold attack with my calibur so it charges up, then I rush back to start and release my charge near one of gun puppies. This kills one gun puppy. Then I run away from monsters and lure them back into middle room, so gun puppy and lumber won't hit me. After I'm done with jellies, I rush into the right room to finish 2nd gun puppy, and only then - lumber(s).
The only monsters left are 2 gun puppies with 2 jellies. The easy way is: follow the lower path near the lower part of the screen, lure jelly block, defeat it, sneak up to gun puppy, defeat it. Run back to start of the room, follow the path along the top of the room, go to second gun puppy, repeat (both gun puppies look up/down, so if you aproach from side, they won't notice you).

Room 3:
This one is a bit more difficult, but if you know the shield trick, you should be fine.
Shield trick - when a monster is approaching, come next to them (but not when they're attacking!) and press shield. When shield is activated, any nearby enemies are bumped away. Even if you only active your shield for 0.1 second, you will still activate shield bump. This will push enemies away so you can chop them down one at a time. Lumbers won't be pushed away easily, so don't let them hit you!!!
Its best to take silkwings down first (those little flying healers).
Personally I just charge up my levi and deal with 2-3 jellies per swing pirat

Beware of underground spikes! To avoid them never move around same place. Keep moving around the room in large circles. Move, shoot, chop but don't stay in same place for long. Those jellies with long spikes can do several underground attacks at the same time, so be careful (you can notice ground where spikes will appear and move out of the way or shield up).

Level 2:
Room 1 (circle):
as you go, jellies + 1 lumber groups will appear. Chop'em down. When you destroy ghost block, quickly move down (if you're good) or just take a long walk around, if you're afraid to get overwhelmed. When last group pops up, take them down slowly, so they won't surround you. Beware of underground spikes.
Simple strategy: charge your levi and rush into the crowd, this works great on jellies. Just make sure the big tree guy won't hit you on the head.

Next: 4 rooms in 4 corners.
Upper left:
some gun puppies + jellies appear 3 times here. To defeat them, either lure jellies away and chop one at a time, or do the pro way: wave 1, right at the start - charge levi, rush to 1st gun puppy (you'll need to know the spawn - upper right corner of the room) and release charge. This kills puppy and damages jellies. If done correctly, upper gun puppy will be gone and lower gun puppy won't notice you. Then repeat this trick with lower gun puppy and finish off remaining jellies, in any order. As long as you stay in upper part of the room, second gun puppy won't notice you.
With 2nd and 3rd wave its simple: make a smaaall hole in a corner or the room, charge up levi, rush in, kill gun puppy, get out. This way you can lure 1 jelly at a time or make them gather together near the small hole (they will likely get stuck, giving you time for another charged attack). If you stay in the upper part of the room and don't destroy all rock blocks, 2nd gun puppy won't hurt you.
Last wave - same as second, just a tiny bit harder due to healers. If you got an elemental gun (highly recommended - mostly you will use guns vs constructs, and elemental guns work best here), you'll be able to take lumbers down before healers heal them up. Just keep shooting! With my nova driver (prismatic alchemer line) it works like a charm.
When you're done, grab the key and open a gate.

Lower left:
Simplest room. When you enter each of 4 smaller areas, new jellies appear. Chop'em down without hitting explosive blocks (yes, defeat explosive jelly, no don't hit explosive blocks with a sword - you'll get hit as well). Last room has a tree guy, so be careful with it. Grab the key and open a gate.

Lower right:
Small jellies will keep re-appearing here, no use killing them. This room is simple: defeat jellies, run into a room, defeat jellies (green ones die fast), press button to open next gate. After all 4 buttons are pressed, tree guy (lumber) appears. Defeat lumber to get access to key. When you pick up key, small jellies will stop re-appearing.
Grab the key and run out, be aware of spikes, getting damage drops key. When you pick up the key, small jellies stop re-appearing.

Upper right:
Tricky room with little space, or so it seems. As soon as you figure out how to use the space, you'll be fine.
Firstly, you press party button. Then you run over spike tiles to reach the other side of the room where there is a ghost block. And two lumbers + jellies. But when still in the upper part of the room you can use a trick.
The trick is: throw a bottle straight down at that ghost block, bottles fly arcoss the entire room. This will give you extra space between you and lumbers, making task slightly easier.
Trick number 2: learn to walk on spike tiles when spikes are down, this gives you significantly more space and helps avoid being hit by lumbers.
After you deal with jellies and lumbers, take out both gun puppies (its best to stay away from them so they don't see you).
After you defeat everyone, grab the last key to open a small treasury.

Last room:
Hardest fight awaits. Several gun puppies, lots of jellies and some lichen. If you know what happens when a ton of lichens unites into one big red thing, you'll try to kill them first, and thats a good idea. Another good idea: use calibur charge on bigger lichen to push them into a corner and use charged attack to deal massive damage to them in a corner.

Trick to defeating gun puppies: run in circles around them. Not too close so they don't hit you (outside of melee range), not too far so you can still rush into their face and chop them up before they shoot again (about half gun's range).

When you kill all monsters, passage to king opens.

Level 3, the throne room:
One Big Fat Dessert!
My personal strategy:
Levi charge!!! Just rush into him and release charge. This does massive damage. 2-3 charges and he goes into next stage. I need some 30 seconds for the entire boss fight, literary.
There are total 3 stages of the fight. First two look very similar, and only differ with JK looks - his crown gets damaged. On third stage he loses his crown and starts spinning. While spinning, JK is invincible and continiously does damage. Run right after him with your weapon charged and release your charge as soon as he stops spinning and loses the circle around him (shield). I finish him pretty fast without using vials of any sort, but thats me (max damage bonus, ultra CTR, ultra ASI, heat lvl 10 Leviathan Blade).

Normal, usual strategy:
1st stage - just do any sort of damage.
2nd stage - same as first. Feel free to use 1 poison vial if you need to rest and heal.
3rd stage - use vials to prevent JK from healing (poison), or just do extra small damage (shock/fire/curse).
Remember: while spinning he's invincible, but also doesn't heal. So wait till he stops.
Just keep doing damage to him and he'll go down eventually.
Funny thing about jelly king: explosive blocks do MASSIVE damage to him, I've had him kill himself numerous times. Just lure him into closest explosive block. And try to keep him poisoned (vials, bombs work best), otherwise he may heal faster than you deal damage.

Remember: small jellies still deliver some damage, despite the small size. Get rid of them when you can, they'll go down with 1 swing (typically).

If text is confusing at parts, check videos on youtube, for example, this (just random video, not made by me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3zWrBB0FrA (random video)

Hopefully, this info will help at least someone Smile

Shinigami

Back to top Go down