*-The Lionheart Guild of Spiral Knights-*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation

+2
GrugWasApirate
Dreamy Leone
6 posters

Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty St-Leone's Letter of Resignation

Post  Dreamy Leone Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Salutations to the Lionheart Guild,

This is St-Leone, your former Guild Master. As many of you all know, I left the guild recently and I did not really explain why. Having around 250 guild members made it difficult for me to explain my situation to each and every one of you. I definitely wasn't going to write it on the guild "message of the day" hence I'm writing this post to justify the reasons for my resignation at Lionheart.
I can only hope that most of you will read what I have to say.

I started this guild along with Mawashimono with visions and goals like most Guild Masters initially have. I have never been a Guild Master before in any of the video games that I have played, so this guild was my first. Although I had little experience in running a guild, I believed that what I learned as an officer and veteran in my previous guilds would be sufficient to keep things running smoothly in Lionheart. But it seems I was wrong.

In a matter of days from starting the guild, Lionheart grew larger than I expected and reach full capacity. With 100 members under Mawashimono and I, keeping things in line proved to be a difficult task as we had little officers back then to help us with administrative work, like maintaining the guild website and keeping track of names of members joining and leaving at specific dates etc.

Around the end of November, the guild hall updates arrived. The newly implemented Guild Log proved to be extremely useful in aiding us with the administrative work, also we had the option to increase the capacity of guild members. More members were recruited, and among them were newly appointed veterans and officers who stepped up to help the lesser experienced ones in Lionheart. I was away on vacation for a week, the guild continued to grow larger. Over that period of time many members left but even more new ones came to replace them.

Because of the old limit of 100 members, I have never seen a guild with 200 members, let alone lead one. I'll admit it was a little overwhelming and my role as a GM seemed a little intimidating to me. It was stressful being the Guild Master of a large guild.

Lionheart was initially formed to eventually be a guild to help lower tier players learn more about the game and improve, almost like a "Spiral Knights school". I get lots of invites from you guys to help on runs and have fun together and I genuinely would like to play with each and every one of you. However please understand that there are way too many members and I can't possibly do that and be playing SK all day. Also I've long stopped purchasing Elevator Passes. Because of this, I hope none of you got offended when I rejected any your invites to go on runs.

I didn't feel like I was a very good leader as your Guild Master, but I wanted to contribute to the guild as I felt it was my responsibility to do so. Hence all I could do was to furnish the guild hall well enough for you guys to enjoy your stay here. I know I did not give any Christmas gifts to you Lionheart members, but I hope the new furniture I purchased over the Winterfest promo would make you all happy.

I left the guild on the day after Christmas and I will be taking a long long break from any leadership roles for now. Spiral Knights is just a game after all and I intend to enjoy the rest of my time sitting back and relaxing. Some of you must feel like it was pretty selfish of me to leave the guild and I don't blame any of you for it. Your other Guild Master Mawashimono has been doing a way better job than I have and I think it's time for me to let her fully take charge of the guild. I hope she enjoys her role here. Don't lose faith like I have and remember to always take care of one another.

If you ever see me hanging around Haven, don't be afraid to say hi or stay for a chat. I believe that even though we might not be in the same guild we can still play together. After all, it's friends that make the game worth playing.

Thank you Lionheart, it truly was an honour being a part of you.

Lots of love,
Your ex-GM St Leone

Dreamy Leone
Dreamy Leone
45000 Prestige Points
45000 Prestige Points

https://lionheart-sk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty Re: St-Leone's Letter of Resignation

Post  GrugWasApirate Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:03 pm

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation 85xjuds

he was the wind beneath my wings now look at what i've been reduced to :'(
St-Leone's Letter of Resignation QWOP
Re-enactment
St-Leone's Letter of Resignation 9f636510fd86e366e9741c6c34319446

With Leone gone, the guild will surely fall into despair due to lack of funding. I cant pay tree fiddies forever.

good night, sweet prince

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation BnnUg

GrugWasApirate
10000 prestige points
10000 prestige points

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty Awesome letter, Leo

Post  Mawashimono Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 pm

I've never seen you write so much, actually. Best wishes on your continued enjoyment of the game in whatever way you choose to play it.
Mawashimono
Mawashimono
45000 Prestige Points
45000 Prestige Points

https://www.facebook.com/mawa.shimono.3

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty We would miss you Leone.

Post  VolcanopeSK Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 am

Thank you Leone for all the things you have done for the Guild. Look at it now, big guild, wonderful designs, a forum and your 200+ loyal guild members. Being a Guild Master is hard, I understand you. Well, I wish that you could have a better change in your life after this.
We Would All Miss You <3

-VolcanopeSK-
VolcanopeSK
VolcanopeSK

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU LEO!!!!!!

Post  arykh Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am

I don't know what to say anymore... We'll miss you leo we'll ALL miss you. Sad Just remember that no matter were you are you will always have a Lion's Heart.
St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Lionhe12

Last edited by arykh on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it more perfect and better because we WILL MISS YOU LEO)
arykh
arykh

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty We will miss you!!!

Post  Lava-God Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 am

Lionheart has lost a leader. But, we will do our best to keep Lionheart standing just like your wish. We will Sad miss you and I hope we can still meet each other and still has connection as friends.
Lava-God
Lava-God

Back to top Go down

St-Leone's Letter of Resignation Empty Re: St-Leone's Letter of Resignation

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum